FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Courtney Miranda
CGTech Releases VERICUT Version 8.1.2
Irvine, California, December 27, 2017 – CGTech is now shipping version 8.1.2 of VERICUT® CNC machine simulation and optimization software. In addition to new features making it more powerful and easier to use, more than 150 customer-driven enhancements and software requests have been implemented in version 8.1.2.
“We have thousands of customers and their needs vary greatly,” said CGTech VERICUT Product Manager Gene Granata. “VERICUT is designed to meet the needs of all types of shops – from the small job shop with simple parts, to the OEM and Tier 1 supplier that regularly pushes the limits of CNC technology. VERICUT is constantly refined to provide the flexibility and tools our customers need.”
VERICUT Product/Function Overview:
VERICUT is CNC machine simulation, verification and optimization software that enables users to eliminate the process of manually proving out NC programs. It reduces scrap loss and rework. The program also optimizes NC programs in order to both save time and produce higher quality parts that are dimensionally more accurate, and have better surface finish. VERICUT simulates all types of CNC machine tools, including those from leading manufacturers such as DMG MORI, Mazak, Makino, Matsuura, Hermle, DIXI, and Chiron. VERICUT runs standalone, and easily integrates with all leading CAM systems such as Catia, NX, Creo Parametric (Pro/E), MasterCAM, PowerMill, EdgeCAM, hyperMILL, ESPRIT and GibbsCAM.
Enhancements in Additive Manufacturing
Additive material deposition can now be seen in VERICUT’s Reviewer and NC Program Review. Additive errors and red error color are applied to deposited material when any of the additive functions being checked are not compliant, making it easy to spot potential problems in additive processes. A single click identifies the error source.
Enhancements in Optimization (Force & OptiPath)
VERICUT Tool Manager imports 3D cutting tools from Siemens Teamcenter® Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. VERICUT connects directly to Teamcenter to reference files, avoiding the need to create external uncontrolled copies of models on a local or network drive. In the NX CAM project, all cutting tools used in a given project are listed. In one step, all 3D cutting tools for a job are imported at once.
Other improved features in 8.1.2
- Ability to stop at specific variables when they are set, or changed.
- Options for automatically performing AUTO-DIFF comparisons, and output summary of AUTO-DIFF results to VERICUT reports.
- Support added for 3DEXPERIENCE 2017X, ESPRIT 2017, NX12.
- New calculation and reporting of Die Sinking electrode contact areas.
- VERICUT Help Library and supporting documents in HTML- this allows for easier navigation, faster searching, and viewing higher quality images at a larger size.
- Enhanced VERICUT and Tool Manager support non-rotating 3D model tools, such as used in ablation, painting, polishing, and other specialized manufacturing processes.
- Enhanced integrations with Zoller and TDM tooling databases to provide access to complex 3D tooling, and ability to select and deselect specific tools for import.
CGTech’s VERICUT® software is the standard for CNC simulation, verification, optimization, analysis, and additive manufacturing. CGTech also offers programming and simulation software for composites automated fiber-placement, tape-laying, and drilling/fastening CNC machines. VERICUT software is used by companies of different sizes in all industries. Established in 1988, and headquartered in Irvine, California; CGTech has offices worldwide. For more information: visit the CGTech website at cgtech.com, call (949) 753-1050, or email email@example.com.
# # #
EDITOR’S NOTE: Electronic images attached – VERICUT_additive.jpg and VERICUT_force.jpg