Version 7.2 includes several new features that make commonly-performed tasks simpler and therefore significantly faster. This release also contains many new performance enhancements and code optimizations, ensuring it will likely run faster and better on your existing hardware. New features include:
Improved Multi-processor Utilization
Refine display is approximately 50% faster through increased utilization of multiple processors. Also, the display processing is performed in the background so VERICUT’s desktop continues to be active.
Faster Gouge Checking
An invisible design model can be used in AUTO-DIFF. This prevents the design model from getting in the way and making it difficult to visually identify some gouges. Also, Constant Gouge Check is now quickly configured via the Project Tree’s Collision branch. You select the design models to use for Constant Gouge/Excess Check by selecting a check-box in the design component. Pre-VERICUT 7.2 projects are automatically reconfigured and this feature can be turned on or off any time during simulation.
When working with multiple stock components, for example on a tombstone, each individual stock component can be displayed in one workpiece view without the need to combine the individual stock components into one component, reducing the memory required.
Project Tree Refinements
Multiple components can be selected in the Project Tree or graphically by holding the [Ctrl] and [Shift]keys. Also, each branch on the Project Tree offers specific actions for that branch. The context-sensitive display depends on what has been selected. For example, models, components, and coordinate systems have translate and rotate options but child components are not translated or rotated. NC programs can be made active or inactive. Selected branches can be dragged and dropped. In addition to being able to dock frequently-accessed VERICUT dialog windows to VERICUT’s desktop, docked dialog panels can now be pinned and unpinned for better window layout flexibility.
Interactive OptiPath – Adjust, test, and fine-tune your optimization settings as many times as you want without re-running the simulation. After running the simulation once, VERICUT stores all the cut information. By using a panel inside of NC Program Review you can interactively navigate, evaluate, and change the optimization settings individually on a cut-by-cut level. The results are displayed immediately.
More Tool Options
Faceted STL files can be used as a cutter directly in VERICUT with no other interaction or conversion required. Imported CAD tool assemblies do not require edge profiles. All interfaces are being updated to support these features.
Tool assemblies can be made from reference components such as holders, inserts, and end mills. With version 7.2, you can also reference tool assemblies that were created from reference components. Also, when more than one NC programmer is using a tool library, the tool library can be locked to one user while still available in “Read Only” to an unlimited number of users. This prevents two users from inadvertently modifying the same tool library file.
A new “Polishing Tool” uses two shapes to represent a polishing region, with an inside and outside limit. Color is applied to the stock surface by intersecting with the polishing tool. If the inside limit comes in contact with the cut stock, an error is created.
Powerful Control Emulation
With every release, all library controls are updated to support all the new VERICUT features in that release. There are also new control features added regularly. As one control example, users of the popular Siemens 840d control may benefit from:
- Axis Mapping that switches VERICUT’s motion axes between different components CYCLE800 with PARTFRAME separates frame rotation from axis rotation
- Indirect g-code Programming commands via g-code index
- PROC SAVE saves states of modal settings when entering a PROC
- Convert numbers from binary or hexadecimal
Cutter Comp Expanded
Cutter compensation look-ahead analyzes the entire motion from on to off. Specific error checks are independent of the path offset and VERICUT shows the exact line being simulated. Both compensated and non-compensated paths can be viewed.
For those who work with mill/turn machines, the turret component no longer uses a rotary axis. This new component type replaces A Turret, B Turret, C Turret. Gang Tooling does not use a turret and is directly configured. The Gang Tooling component does not rotate and only carries tools.
Other New Features
- New ESPRIT-to-VERICUT Interface
- More than 100 CAD/CAM interface updates.
- Create tool libraries from comma separated text files (.csv) and from Microsoft Excel spreadsheets (.xlsx).
- Minimum cutter height optionally keeps multiple holders in same position.
- Simplified default graphical user interface (GUI).
- Re-orient turning stock between setups.
- Waterjet trimming speed is 20 times faster when working with large parts.
- Colors added to toolpath line displays in NC Review differentiate between rapid, linear and circular motions
- Reviewer file open time significantly improved for large files.
- Create a file summary and .zip file in one click from the main dialog.
|A “Dynamic Section” feature gives you the ability to drag a plane when using Section on Mouse Pick.|
Other New Features in Versions 7.2.1 and 7.2.3
- Drag/drop files from Windows into the Project Tree for quick setup. The file extension helps determine where.
- Constant gouge check simulation with very large design models is now 2-5x faster.
- Automatically save a Reviewer file during the simulation session. The VERICUT Reviewer incorporates all the functionality of NC Review mode in a stand-alone viewer that does not require a license.
- Measure tool assembly components in the tool manager.
- Many CAD/CAM interface improvements have been implemented.
- SpacePilot Mouse/Navigator motion is improved.
CGTech always welcomes input. Regardless of where the feedback is received – the VERICUT User forum, CGTech technical support, or at one of the many VERICUT User Group meetings held around the world – CGTech is listening. User input is what drives the vast majority of enhancements included in each VERICUT software release.