When considering system requirements you need to consider all the tasks it will be performing. VERICUT supports 64 bit CPU’s and operating systems. 32 bit memory limitations allow only small to medium size simulations to run at a reasonable speed, and also limits the number of other applications than can run concurrently. As of today, many CAD/CAM companies have dropped support for 32 bit applications and only deliver 64 bit versions.
- What is the physical size of the part you will simulate?
- What other software applications are running while VERICUT is running?
- What requirements do the other applications have (both memory and graphics)?
VERICUT performance is primarily affected by the simulation tolerances used and the speed of the CPU’s. The faster the CPU speed, the faster your programs will run. The length of part programs being simulated does not affect VERICUT speed. Typical CPU clock speed for a system running engineering applications ranges from 2.8 to 3.5, or higher. In addition, the number of CPU’s (cores) can boost performance, especially when running multiple applications concurrently.
The amount of physical memory in your computer will impact the number of applications you can run at the same time without having physical memory limitations affect performance. When running VERICUT, the physical size of your part, tolerance, program size and features used also impacts the amount of memory required for the simulation. For most VERICUT simulations, 6-8 GB of physical memory is sufficient for VERICUT, along with a few other smaller applications running concurrently. When the part sizes are substantially larger (400” x 100” x 100” or more), or tolerance requirements are very high, you may need to increase memory to 12 or 16 GB.
NOTE: Requirements have changed – review carefully
Minimum Requirements (for running VERICUT only)
- Two or three button mouse (Three button mouse with mouse-wheel is recommended due to new dynamic view controls)
- Network interface card
- Graphics device capable of displaying at least 16K colors
- OpenGL compatible graphics accelerators can be used in a machine simulation view and for dynamic rotate/pan/zoom in a workpiece view. Due to the large amount of graphics memory required to display the cut stock, graphics memory of 512MB minimum is recommended, and 1GB or more is preferred.
Windows 64 bit Requirements
1 GB (full installation including Library, Samples, and Help
files, and Java Run-Time)
2 GB required if also installing the Model Interfaces Feature
|Temporary Disk Space:||1 GB required during installation, in addition to the permanent Disk Space above.|
|Page File:||2-times available physical memory recommended|
If your license server is a virtual machine, click here.